How to transfer files between computer and Xiaomi phones?
If you are an owner of a Xiaomi smartphone, you want to move some files to your computer. Normally what you will do? You will try to download files to your computer by connecting a USB cable with your smartphone, right? Or for some reasons you don’t know how to transfer files to your computer from your Xioami phone. So what’s next? We can’t directly import files from Xiaomi phones using the USB data connection. MIUI doesn’t allow this. I will help you to do this process in the easiest way 🙂
Likely the easiest will be copy and paste files via the Explorer app. Follow me:
- Connect your Xiaomi phone to your computer using the USB data cable. On your phone, open the notification panel from the top of the screen, and then tap connected as a media device.
- On your Xiaomi phone, find the Explorer app and launch it.
- Tap the FTP button at the bottom of your phone’s screen.
- Click on Start server option.
Now you can see the FTP address like ftp://192.168.1.14:2121
If you wish to be slightly more secure, you can tap Settings to set the client connection username & password.
- On your Windows PC, launch the Windows Explorer, enter the FTP address into the Address Bar, and then press Enter to access the Xiaomi phone storage.
- Now, you can use the copy and paste or drag and drop method to transfer files between your Windows computer and Xiaomi phone. That’s it. 🙂